Text Reporting is a very useful option to use in conjunction with an API implementation. EasyLink Services offers text reporting for all modalities: Fax, Email, Voice, and SMS. It is important to note that these reports are designed for human consumption. It is recommended to be delivered via email to provide a summarized overview of all activity.
This posting provides an overview of the Text Reporting options.
Job Level Reports
Job Level Reports provide final status information and are automatically generated when a job has been completed. You can have your profile configured to have these reports created for all jobs, or you can request this via an API call. The types of Job Level reports available are:
- Broadcast (1 document to many recipients)
- Single Address (1 document to 1 recipient)
- Job Group (group of single address messages)
- Child (a report per recipient)
- Acknowledgements (a report to confirm receipt of job)
Scheduled Reports are generated at a pre-configured time of day. They include all status information that has changed since the last scheduled report. To request scheduled reporting, you need to contact Customer Care. The types of Scheduled reports available are:
- Interim (can be configured for multiple times per day)
- Final (usually configured for once per day - important to note that once a job/message has been reported on a FINAL report, it will not be included in any future scheduled reports - even if it has not yet been completed.
The following report styles are offered for both Job Level and Scheduled Reports.
- Detail: provides the following detailed information for each item or recipient:
- final status
- number of retries
- delivery address
- date and time of delivery
- delivery duration
- Summary: provides the totals per job (for job level reports) or time period (for scheduled reports) of the following information:
- Total number of successful deliveries
- Total number of unsuccessful deliveries
- Total number of unsuccessful deliveries by error type (busy, no answer, etc..)
- Exception: provides the same information as a detail report but only for those deliveries that were NOT successful. It is important to note that if all deliveries were successful, the report would generate and state "Nothing To Report"
- Conditional: provides the same information as a detail report butonly for those deliveries that were NOT successful. It is important to note that this report will not generate if all all deliveries were successful (different from Exception).
- None: You can also choose NONE as an option to turn off job level or schedule reports.